Coles Supermarkets is one of the two giant supermarket chains that dominate the Australian market and the greatest rival of Woolworths. The first Coles store was opened by CJ Coles in 1914 in Collingwood, Victoria. With the decades passing, the company became a major supermarket chain in Australia. Today, there are over 800 Coles locations all over the country. Over 110,000 employees are currently working at Coles supermarkets throughout Australia, which constitutes almost 0.5% of the total Australian population.
Coles Supermarkets, Coles Online, Coles Liquor, Liquorland, Vintage Cellars, First Choice Liquors, Coles Express, FlyBuys (50%), and Coles Financial Services are all subsidiaries of Coles Group.
1 in about every 200 Australian citizen is working at a Coles store in the present day. This indicates how a potent and trustworthy company Coles is. If you want a decent, secure job, you should absolutely take a look at all the appealing job opportunities at Coles supermarkets. You can be almost sure that you will find a Coles store where you live, at which great job opportunities are waiting for you. So take action and check the job opportunities at Coles!
Minimum Age to Work at Coles: 16
- Checkout/Service Team Member
- Nightfill/Grocery Team Member
- Deli Team Member
- Fresh Produce Team Member
- Clothing/Fashion Team Member
- Meat Team Member
- Online Shopping Delivery Team Member
- Coles Express Team Member
- Liquor Team Member
- Coles Services Team Member
- Order Selector
- Customer Care Jobs
The team member position at Coles can be one of the best jobs you can get without any working experience. This position can contribute to your career development and provide you with many opportunities in the future. Team members can work at any part of the store and ensure the great standards of the company.
It is important to provide excellent customer service to the guests and help them with what they are looking for. You need to be an energetic and self-motivated person to be successful in this fast-paced working environment. Moreover, you also need good communication skills and to be a friendly and motivated person.
How To Apply Online
(Illustrated version at the bottom of the page.)
- Go to the official career website of Coles.
- Choose “Retail store jobs”, “Store support jobs” or “Distribution jobs” and click it. You can also choose “Students & graduates”.
- When you click, a new page will open, on which different areas are displayed as a list.
- Choose a job area such as “Online Shopping Delivery” and click it.
- A new page will open again. Find the red “Apply now” button on the page and click it.
- You will then either see the list of job openings related to the job area that you have recently chosen or see a web page with the title “Begin application”.
- If you can see a list of job openings, find a job opening at a Coles store in your location on the list, click the job title.
- You will now see the job description page. Read the job description carefully.
- At the end of the job description text, you will see the red “Apply” button. Click it if you want to proceed.
- A new window will open.
- On the new window, you can begin your online application. First, provide your personal e-mail address and then click “Next” to proceed to the next steps of your online job application at Coles. Good luck!
Job Application Form PDF
Coles does not provide any printable job application form on the internet. Therefore, you are recommended to make an online application to Coles on the official company website. Also, you can find a template form, then fill it and deliver it to your local store.
Printable Job Application Form PDF: Not available.
In-Store Job Application
In addition to making an online application for a job at Coles, you can visit your local Coles store and apply for a job in person. To do this, when you enter the store, you have to find an employee and politely ask for the location of the management. Then, you can request a short talk with a manager about employment. If they tell you that there are some job openings at the store at the moment, you can submit your job application right there!
How To Apply Online (Visualised)
Step 1 – Go to the official career website of Coles.
Step 2 – Choose “Retail store jobs”, “Store support jobs” or “Distribution jobs” and click it. You can also choose “Students & graduates”.
Step 3 – When you click, a new page will open, on which different areas are displayed as a list. Choose a job area such as “Online Shopping Delivery” and click it.
Step 4 – A new page will open again.
Step 5 – Scroll down to find the red “Apply now” button on the page and click it.
Step 6 – A new page will open. You will then see the list of job openings related to the job area that you have recently chosen. When you find an appealing job position, click the job title to read the job description.
Step 7 – You will now see the job description page that gives information about the job that you have just chosen. Read the job description carefully.
Step 8 – At the end of the job description text, you will see the red “Apply” button. Click it if you want to proceed.
Step 9 – A new window will open. On the new window, you can begin your online application. First, provide your personal e-mail address and then click “Next” to proceed to the next steps of your online job application at Coles.
Step 10 – If you have one, you can attach your resumé from your computer or prefill the application form via “Seek”. Click the red “Continue” button to continue.
Step 11 – Then you will see the online job application form page of Coles. Fill in all of the required areas. When you finish, click “Save and continue”.
Step 12 – You will see a page like this. Read the page carefully to learn every remaining information about your job application process at Coles. Good luck!